Benefits of Free Healthcare
- Patients benefit from receiving healthcare in a loving and caring environment that minister to the whole individual
- Healthcare is free
- The Smithville Community Clinic places an emphasis on preventive healthcare and recently added a bilingual patient navigator to reach out to our Hispanic community.
- The Smithville Community Clinic places an emphasis on sustainable maintenance of chronic disease and once a year hosts the Susan G. Komen Foundation Pink Bus for women needing breast screens. For the past two years our Smithville Tiger cheerleaders have supported this great service. This fall the Smithville Clinic is working closely with Bastrop County Cares Breast Coalition to offer mammogram screenings to those without means.
- Caregivers benefit from the deep satisfaction that comes from helping other human beings in need of healthcare assistance.
- Non-paying patients can attend the Smithville Community Clinic versus seeking medical care from emergency rooms at local hospitals.
- Reduces cost to tax payers for medical care to the indigent